velocity-user mailing list archives

From Justin Wells <jr...@semiotek.com>
Subject Re: Velocity, WebMacro, and the future
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2000 09:13:28 GMT
On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 01:51:52AM -0700, Jon Stevens wrote:
> Ok. Come merge with the Velocity project.

Ok, on this condition: We rename the project Apache-Webmacro, we put in
place the WebMacro code base, and we work on merging your better parser
into WM's parsing framework (make it implement org.webmacro.parser and
support the DirectiveBuilder architecture).

I would like to lead the project, and I would like people commit to
performance as a primary goal. There are a lot of design decisions in
WM's core which as primary maintainer I'm not sure other people really
understand and I'm a bit worried that people will break things without
realizing it.

Justin