velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Joyce" <...@hoop.co.uk>
Subject Re: Plans
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:45:54 GMT
Jason,

> Yes, we plan to use it in Turbine for generating SQL and object relational
> model source.

What a damn fine idea, now why didn't we think of that?

More broadly, if you are implementing a POEM style layer, why not simply use
POEM?  I imagine that now Webmacro has an ASF licence, we wil also switch as
soon as the dust settles.  POEM is not dependant on Melati, and we have got
a prototype odmg wrapper.

More speculatively, it appears that the Apache Project have got Servlet
Oriented Open Source development quite sewn up.  Do you think that there
room for Melati outside of the Apache Project?  What are the procedures for
coming onboard?

> We definitely want to work in a lot of places, so it will
> be designed that way. I merely saying my personal wish is
> the tight integration with Turbine. I would love for Velocity
> to work with Melati!

well, I hope that it soon will.

cheers

timj