velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Joyce" <...@hoop.co.uk>
Subject introspection
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:11:22 GMT
Jason,

> We have most of the directives (even one I believe you don't
> that WM have requested #if/#elseif/.../#else), and I plan
> to post the design of the parser and a caching system
> tomorrow. I'm also hoping that tomorrow Bob (of iSpock)
> and I will be able to plug WM's introspection mechanism
> into Velocity. Bob has had experience with this as he
> has done it with iSpock.

what do you think of introspection?  AFAICT, it provides little more that
allowing

$Foo instead of $getFoo()

(which does have a little value).

Thew rest of the automagicing it achieves appears to be more confusing than
useful.

If you dump introspection, you can have Type Checking in Templates, which
has got to be good?

We have done a little work in this area, but it havn't got very far (we are
reviewing if it worth persuing the project in the light of recent happenings
:), perhaps it is useful for ideas for Velocity?

http://www.melati.org/webmacro/Page?db=paneris&wmtemplate=melati/view/JTempl
ater.wm

cheers

timj