velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Joyce" <...@hoop.co.uk>
Subject Re: Plans
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:33:59 GMT
Jason,

yes, www.melati.org.  I imagine there are others.

> Or do you just use the
> templating facility.

there are many people who do, also it is (widely?) used outside of the
servlet context.

> We're open to options, but one thing
> I'll certainly be working on is the tight integration
> of Velocity with Turbine.

would it not be better to plug in whatever template expander you choose.
This is certainly what we are aiming to achieve with melati, and hence our
interest in Velocity.

> But that is simply one of
> my priorities. You can contribute code for whatever
> you like!

cheers

> > I was under the impression that following yesterday's meeting, we would
all
> > be working on the same codebase from very soon (next week?).  This would
be
> > the WebMacro codebase, perhaps including the new Velocity parser.  The
> > priority is to get Apache Webmacro 1.0 released ASAP, this would make a
lot
> > of people very happy.
> >
> > Am I wrong?
>
> Yes, you are wrong. The code bases will not be merged. They will be two
> separate code bases. It will be one project, but separate code for now.
> I have only been able to look at the WM code in the last few
> days. I intend to move ahead with Velocity as originally intended.
> This may end soon, and we may work together sooner then expected.

cool, I have missundestood the email from Brian Behlendorf.

It appears that what I need to do is allow Melati to use Velocity as they
will be seperate products (at least for the forseeable future).

cheers

timj