velocity-general mailing list archives

From Brad Sisk <s...@prime-research.com>
Subject Which versions of Velocity support HTML5?
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 16:43:35 GMT
Our software uses Velocity, as it is bundled inside the Apache Click library. This software
was written years ago by someone else--I maintain it now.

We've discovered that the VelocityEngine throws Exceptions whenever it encounters HTML5 tags,
like <canvas> or <video> , inside a VM template.

So we need to upgrade our Velocity version (to allow HTML5 tags).

Which versions of the Velocity library can handle HTML5 tags (no Exceptions)? I need version
numbers here.

Which versions of Click contain a version of Velocity which can handle HTML5 tags?

I have already tried and elimiated Click2.3, it does not.