velocity-general mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <henn...@apache.org>
Subject Velocity PMC report January 2007
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:43:25 GMT
This is the third and last report in our initial monthly report cycle.

--- cut ---

General information
-------------------

We have moved out of the Jakarta umbrella and cut almost all ties.

The TLP now has an official web site at velocity.apache.org with
sub-websites for all projects.

The Velocity project currently has no board-level issues at this time.

No new committers were voted in since the last board report.
No new PMC members were voted in since the last board report.

A short discussion on the PMC list revealed that a number of "emeritus
committers" fell off the boat when we moved out of Jakarta. These are
now recognized in an "Emeriti" section on the web site. The PMC
discussed about re-granting committer status if any of these emeritus
committers decides to ask about it.

Velocity Engine project
-----------------------

Development towards the next major release, 1.5 continues. A CfV date
has been proposed (21st January).

No beta or final releases were made since the last board report.

Velocity Tools project
----------------------

VelocityTools 1.3-beta1 has been voted and released on December 21st.

A new test framework and minor tool enhancements have been checked in
since.  It doesn't appear likely that we'll need another beta.   The
hope is for an RC by end of January and a final in early February.

Velocity DVSL

There were no changes in the DVSL code base. No DVSL development
happened in the last month.

	Best regards
		Henning