velocity-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Velocity Engine 1.6.2 release
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:56:09 GMT
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Byron Foster <byron@base2.cc> wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2009, at 12:22 , Claude Brisson wrote:
>
>> Rather confusing vote indeed... half of the votes ended up on the
>> private list, and there was a conditional vote.
>>
>> I think we should just cc the votes to the private list so that busy
>> people see it, but dev should stay the main list for votes.
>>
>> I got:
>>
>> +1 from Henning
>> +1 from Will
>> (conditional) +1 from Nathan
>>
>> Byron didn't vote but expressed some reserves (please, next time,
>> express an integer opinion :-) )
>
> Sorry, I should have been more clear, my vote would have been +0 for what it
> matters now. I wasn't sure if issue 681 affected the very process of voting.

Nope.  It can affect votes, but there's nothing requiring issues to be
resolved for a release.  To do a release, technically you just need a
positive (more +1 than -1) vote total with at least 3 PMC +1s being
the minimum and a willing and able release manager.  In practice,
we've never released if any committer or PMC member voted -1, and
we've definitely left unresolved issues before.