velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to embed JSP tags and lib into vm page?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 05:01:45 GMT
There seem to be a few different questions here.

If you are asking about using a class in a vm (velocity template),
yes, there are many ways to do this, and it is in many ways easier to
work with objects in a template than in a JSP.  the VelocityTools
project can automatically make a class available for you, or you can
just do the simple thing and create an instance and put it into the
context.  there are other options too.  we can help you figure out the
best way if you give some more info on what you want to do.

If you are asking whether you can embed JSP markup within a Velocity
template, then the answer is definitely no.  though, there have been
some efforts to use tags within templates though:  WebWork used to
support using JSP taglibs with templates, though not using the JSP
markup (i'm not sure about Struts 2 still has this, but it may since
it used to be WebWork).  You can also include JSP-generated content
easily with the ImportTool (part of VelocityTools).

so, yeah, i'm not sure what your need is, but hopefully i've given
some helpful answers...