velocity-dev mailing list archives

From Fredrik Andersson <fidde.anders...@gmail.com>
Subject Caching / OutOfMemoryException
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:46:41 GMT
Hi gang!

I have some questions regarding the memory usage, and more specifically, the
caching options in the 1.5-dev version of Velocity. We're using this version
in a high-traffic environment, and all developers have gotten
OutOfMemoryExceptions from time to time (various platforms - Debian, Fedora
etc running JRE 1.5.0_05-b05 with Tomcat 5.0.28). Previous posts to the list
mostly relate this issue to the the file.resource.loader.cache setting in
the velocity.properties file but we've tried fiddling with that. I did not
find any JIRA reports on the topic, and the previous posts did not help
unfortunately. The actual templates are not big at all, just some
regularly-sized pages without any funny stuff on them.

So the question probably is, is OutOfMemoryExceptions a common problem for
other developers (you guys) or have we all missed some not-so-clear setting
to avoid this nasty problem? Any input that hasn't been discussed previously
would be deeply appreciated.

Fredrik