velocity-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Other languages?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:10:05 GMT
I've always thought of velocity as a templating framework.   There's a
lot of subproject stuff already there (velocity tools, dvsl, anakia,
texen, veltag).

Velocity isn't a drop-in class that solves a very narrow problem --
it's a framework for transforming data.  "It can be used ... as a
standalone utility for generating source code and reports"

All that said, it doesn't make a bit of difference to me whether it's
a TLP "framework" or a commons "component" :)

-Mike