velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject Re: request for comments on Macro issues
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 20:28:53 GMT
Can you give an example of what you mean ("macros with bodies")?

Best,
WILL

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Bubna" <nbubna@gmail.com>
To: "Velocity Developers List" <velocity-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: request for comments on Macro issues

sounds good.  and i agree it would be nice to be able to #parse a
macro file and have them work in the parent template.

another thing that might be good to keep in mind for 1.6/2.0 when we
address some of these macro design issues is the possibility of
supporting macros with bodies.  i know that's likely to be 2.0 stuff,
but i figure it doesn't hurt to keep it in mind. :)  and i'll be more
eager to help with that.