velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject Re: Other languages?
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:02:54 GMT

else has opinions.  Henning's been quiet the last couple of weeks but I know
he felt strongly about this at ApacheCon.

WILL

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henri Yandell" <flamefew@gmail.com>
To: "Velocity Developers List" <velocity-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: Other languages?

That was it. Someone (possibly you Will) had mentioned it to me.

I mentioned the idea of Velocity going TLP to Henning and Will at
ApacheCon last month. I'm trying to focus Jakarta's role and I think
the various frameworks can all goto TLP, leaving the smaller
components behind. Velocity sits halfway between framework and
component I think, so I've not been pushing too hard for its moving.

However, one advantage of going TLP would be that NVelocity could be
invited to join in.

Hen