velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject development status
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 01:41:39 GMT
Hi,

Just a quick note on status to all interested parties. Progress continues in fits and starts
to the 1.5 release following the Road Map (but having missed the target dates).  I'd hoped
to have my tasks done last month but an overload of project work wore me down (multiple simultaneous
deadlines are a killer).
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/RoadMap

Henning and I had a chance to chat at ApacheCon and throw ideas around.   I think it's safe
to release 1.5-beta once we have the revised Maven site ready (Henning is working on this),
the changelog updated (done), and all 1.5-targeted "improvements" and "features" resolved
(all 3 items on my plate).  I think we should be able to do this in the next couple of weeks,
and then call for a release vote on 1.5-beta.

After that there's about 20 bugs (really just about 10 with duplicate cases). Some are pretty
subtle but it'd be nice to fix them all before calling for a vote on the 1.5 release.

As always, welcome comments, suggestions and patches.

Cheers,

WILL