velocity-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why is cvs still available
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:36:04 GMT
On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 13:34 -0700, Will Glass-Husain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to remove the cvs archive of Velocity?  We just had a
> patch submitted against an issue which had already been solved - I
> suspect it might have been built against cvs not svn.
>
> Daniel - any comments?

Committer (write) CVS has been locked down for months.  However,
anonymous (read) CVS was still accessible.  It was left around for
posterity, but the confusion value definitely out-weighs the benefits.
The final cleanup step of removing the symlink from /home/cvspublic
to /home/cvs had not been completed:

http://www.apache.org/dev/cvs2svn.html

I've taken care of this now -- anonymous CVS is not longer available for
Velocity core, nor the DVSL or Tools sub-projects.

- Dan