velocity-dev mailing list archives

From Matías Giovannini <mat...@k-bell.com>
Subject Re: OT: MVC Purity :-)
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:51:27 GMT
What about overriding directives? That way you could have an
alternative implementation of #set and #if that supports full-fledged
expression evaluation.

What I don't like much is having:

   if (Environment.getEnvironment().isSimpleMathInForce()) {
     // classic VM evaluation rules
   } else {
     // newfangled FP arithmetic
   }

all over the evaluation code. Not from the standpoint of efficiency,
but of code prettiness.