velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark D. Anderson" <...@discerning.com>
Subject summary table of velocity reflection?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 07:30:40 GMT
Unless I'm completely blind, the user guide, reference guide, VTL guide, and javadoc
are all missing an exact summary of what Velocity's reflection does.

Ideally there would be a table like this (which I'm sure is all wrong, but you get the idea):

anything not public:
   not available
public static variables "v":
   available as "$ClassName.v", if you do ctx.put("ClassName", MyClass.class)
public instance variables:
   not available
public constructors, no args:
   available as "$ClassName()",  if you do ctx.put("ClassName", MyClass.class)
public constructors, with args:
   not available (add a public static method to this or a helper class)
public static methods:
   available as "$ClassName.doSomething()", if  you do ctx.put("ClassName", MyClass.class)
public instance methods:
   available as "$foo.doSomething()", if you do ctx.put("foo", foo)
public instance methods named getBar, setBar:
   available as "$foo.getBar()", "$foo.setBar(1)", "$foo.bar", and "$foo.Bar", if you do ctx.put("foo",
foo)

-mda