velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: They used Velocity (www.onjava.com)
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 12:20:47 GMT
On 5/2/02 7:47 AM, "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gaspar@krankikom.de> wrote:

>> How are you restricting access to the ClassLoader?  We've been
>> worrying about $ref.getClass().getClassLoader() ...
>>
>> I'm unsure how to draft a policy file which only applies to Velocity.
>
> Well, that is not a problem at my company.
>
> But you probably could use the new custom introspection to take care
> of that.
>
> (Right Geir???)

:)

Yes, actually.  I am using it in Jexl to do that exact thing - constrain
introspection from getting any method of Object except toString().  That
nips a good bit of it.

I'll roll that back into velocity/contrib when done.

System and Software Consulting
Java : the speed of Smalltalk with the simple elegance of C++...