velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: [Veltools] ToolboxManager (round 4 :-)
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 22:32:21 GMT
Sean said:
> Nathan said:
> >well, it looks like we've only got two suggestions so far.  one is to
create
> >a new virtually identical interface for each type of init data we can
come
> >up with, and the other is to use one interface that takes an Object.
> >
> >any lateral thinkers out there got a better way?
>
> well how about both interfaces implementing a common base interface that
> has all the methods bar init?

heh.  the "init" method is the only method at present.  the only other
method that i can ever imagine being added is a destroy/reset method, but
i'm presently still of the opinion that that would be long in a completely
separate interface.

my "virtually identical" complaint stems from the fact the all the
interfaces would be:

public interface MyFavoriteToolInterface
{
    void init(MyFavoriteInitDataClass initData);
}

so, extending a common interface doesn't really help the matter.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com