velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nat...@esha.com>
Subject [Veltools] revised ToolboxManager proposal & code
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 15:06:00 GMT
Gabe,

I tried to send this yesterday, but the mailer-daemon returned it to me.
Anyway, I've attached a zip file with the new classes and a patch for the
existing ones.

Changes from my last proposal are:
-changed ContextTool to ViewTool (that's "view" as in "view layer" not
"velocity view servlet")
-synchronized instantiation of session tools in ServletToolboxManager

To summarize the proposal:
Add the seven attached classes:
 ToolboxManager
 XMLToolboxManager
 ViewTool
 ToolInfo
 DataInfo
 ViewToolInfo
 ServletToolInfo

Remove the following classes:
 ServletViewToolLogger
 ContextViewTool
 LogEnabledViewTool
 LogEnabledViewToolImpl
 ServletViewTool
 ThreadSafeViewTool
 ViewToolLogger

The following classes are changed by the attached patch:
 ServletToolboxManager (also attached as a file)
 ViewContext (javadoc change only)
 MultiViewsTool (implement ViewTool)
 ErrorsTool (implement ViewTool.  log to ServletContext directly)
 FormTool (implement ViewTool)
 LinkTool (implement ViewTool. log to ServletContext directly)
 MessageTool (implement ViewTool. log to ServletContext directly)
 DateTool (removed ThreadSafeViewTool)
 MathTool (removed ThreadSafeViewTool)
 ParameterParser (removed ThreadSafeViewTool)
 ToolLoader (refactor to return class instance instead of directly
manipulating context)

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com