velocity-dev mailing list archives

From bay...@generationjava.com
Subject Re: Introspector.java -> CR/LF
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:24:44 GMT

> > I installed vim. But on a less argumentative note, consider buying
> > MacGimp, 30 dollars you get Gimp, but it also sets up XDarwin for
> > you and XAqua. Putting XEmacs on after that should be a lot easier.
> >

> I wasn't being argumentative... I was just jealous of Daniel with his
> fancy-pants emacs :)  This is a big adjustment for me.

Sorry, I meant me saying vim. There's that whole emacs/vim thing.

Have you tried doing a cvs checkout from apache over ssh on OS X?

I've not been able to get it to work. Works fine from my Suse box, but not
on OS X. Other things I've found stunningly useful for OS X:

bash (had to install this immediately)
JavaBrowser (comes with it. can be useful)
OmniGraffle (very nice tiny diagram drawer. full version 110 usd)
Space (dock for virtual desktops)
SlashDock (shows MacSlash and Slashdot headlines)

Nothing else has seemed useful enough to fit augment my day to day
usage. A nice external wireless/optical logitech mouse is a nice to have.

Bay