velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: -> CR/LF [OT mac chatter...]
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:21:15 GMT
On 9/11/01 8:24 AM, "" <>

>>> I installed vim. But on a less argumentative note, consider buying
>>> MacGimp, 30 dollars you get Gimp, but it also sets up XDarwin for
>>> you and XAqua. Putting XEmacs on after that should be a lot easier.
>> I wasn't being argumentative... I was just jealous of Daniel with his
>> fancy-pants emacs :)  This is a big adjustment for me.
> Sorry, I meant me saying vim. There's that whole emacs/vim thing.
> Have you tried doing a cvs checkout from apache over ssh on OS X?

Sure - works like a champ. I am on vacation with the iBook and doing
Velocity work with it.  I have had no problems with any action.

> I've not been able to get it to work. Works fine from my Suse box, but not
> on OS X. Other things I've found stunningly useful for OS X:
> bash (had to install this immediately)

Yes, I am pining for that.  I assume you just grabbed sources and built?

> JavaBrowser (comes with it. can be useful)

Hm.  I need to find that.

> OmniGraffle (very nice tiny diagram drawer. full version 110 usd)
> Space (dock for virtual desktops)

Really?  I have been really wishing for this.  Where can I find it?

> SlashDock (shows MacSlash and Slashdot headlines)
> Nothing else has seemed useful enough to fit augment my day to day
> usage. A nice external wireless/optical logitech mouse is a nice to have.

One thing I bought and found extremely worth it is a powersupply from
Madsonline (  It is really small compared to
that flying saucer thing, so it's great to travel with.

Geir Magnusson Jr.
System and Software Consulting
Developing for the web?  See
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb

View raw message