velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Introspector.java -> CR/LF [OT mac chatter...]
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:21:15 GMT
On 9/11/01 8:24 AM, "bayard@generationjava.com" <bayard@generationjava.com>
wrote:

>>> I installed vim. But on a less argumentative note, consider buying
>>> MacGimp, 30 dollars you get Gimp, but it also sets up XDarwin for
>>> you and XAqua. Putting XEmacs on after that should be a lot easier.
>>>

>> I wasn't being argumentative... I was just jealous of Daniel with his
>> fancy-pants emacs :)  This is a big adjustment for me.
>>

> Sorry, I meant me saying vim. There's that whole emacs/vim thing.
>
> Have you tried doing a cvs checkout from apache over ssh on OS X?

Sure - works like a champ. I am on vacation with the iBook and doing
Velocity work with it.  I have had no problems with any action.

> I've not been able to get it to work. Works fine from my Suse box, but not
> on OS X. Other things I've found stunningly useful for OS X:
>
> bash (had to install this immediately)

Yes, I am pining for that.  I assume you just grabbed sources and built?

> JavaBrowser (comes with it. can be useful)

Hm.  I need to find that.

> OmniGraffle (very nice tiny diagram drawer. full version 110 usd)
> Space (dock for virtual desktops)

Really?  I have been really wishing for this.  Where can I find it?

> SlashDock (shows MacSlash and Slashdot headlines)
>
> Nothing else has seemed useful enough to fit augment my day to day
> usage. A nice external wireless/optical logitech mouse is a nice to have.

One thing I bought and found extremely worth it is a powersupply from
Madsonline (http://www.madsonline.com/).  It is really small compared to
that flying saucer thing, so it's great to travel with.

geir

System and Software Consulting
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb