velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-velocity/src/java/org/apache/velocity/util/introspection ClassMap.java Introspector.java
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:53:19 GMT
On 9/10/01 4:38 AM, "Attila Szegedi" <szegedia@freemail.hu> wrote:

> If I REALLY want to split hairs, then I'd say that in clearCache() you could
> do "classByName = new HashMap()" instead of "classByName.clear()". This is
> similar to what you proposed for "classMethodMaps.clear()" (but which in
> that particular case is bad because of synchronization issues I described in
> an earlier post).

Yes, I think you are right, as the sych issues aren't there.  I just left it
parallel so it's clear, w/o having to describe why one is that way, and one
isn't.  As you noted in our conversation, it's infrequent.  If a problem, we
can always do that...

geir

> Attila.

System and Software Consulting
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb