velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: performance questions - faster Introspector (committed...)
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:49:42 GMT
Ok - I put together the minimalist version of Attila's reengineering and the
clever patch from Paulo into one version that is up to date with CVS head.

I believe I have it right, although some will attest that I have been a
dunderhead of late, so I might have screwed this up too.  I love this
vacation, but I am now ready to get back to things (which explains why I am
up late doing this...)

Anyhow, I really like this - it's very simple, very clean, keeps Class as
the key, and the cache dumping is simple.

While this is 'provisional' because of 1.2 coming up, the whole thing is
simple enough that I believe that it poses little risk, and would think that
if all is well, we can beat on it a few days and then let it roll into 1.2.
It's simple to back out of because the changes are so localized, so there is
little risk to 1.2 if something is wrong.

geir

System and Software Consulting
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb