velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: performance questions - faster Introspector
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 06:07:12 GMT
On 9/9/01 6:09 PM, "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gaspar@krankikom.de> wrote:

> Attached is a little modification to Attila's great work on the
> Introspector.
>
> I just gave it a little twist by keeping everything keyed by Class
> instead of by class name. To do it was necessary to add an extra
> map, but this one only gets to be used when there is a new class or
> when a Class Loader got dumped.

Note, for simplicity, we are going to knock out the 'by classloader' stuff
and just dump the whole pile.

> This should keep things FASTER, especially after the introspection
> cache is filled.

I think of a classloader getting dumped as a momentous occurrence, so
keeping the code simple and free of assumptions at the cost of a little
one-time overhead is a fair trade, I think.

> I am attaching the whole file, but there are not that many changes
> from Attila's version. Please make a diff to see them.

I will take a look and integrate all later tonight.

geir

System and Software Consulting
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb