velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-velocity/examples/logger_example LoggerExample.java
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2001 22:07:51 GMT
On 9/9/01 11:16 AM, "Jon Stevens" <jon@latchkey.com> wrote:

> on 9/9/01 2:06 PM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a love-hate relationship with this iBook right now.  The above falls
>> on the 'love' side :)
>>
>> Anyone have any problems using IE under the 10.0.4 accessing localhost?  I
>> tried to hit tomcat, and it said it couldn't.  When I did it with telnet and
>> typed in the request, it worked fine.
>>
>> geir
>
> Nope. I haven't had any problems. What does:
>
> nslookup localhost
>
> return?
>
> Also, you have to remember to put in a port number if Tomcat is running on a
> port other than 80.
>
>   http://localhost:8080/
>
> Also, another decent browser to try is the Opera browser. You may like it
> better than IE.
>
> Hope that helps.

Thanks.

I love Opera (for Linux) - will try on OSX.

I did just get it to work - I am now connected via dialup, so on a lark, I
tried the dialup IP and all is fine.

There is this notion of 'location' - maybe I didn't have the location set to
'nothing' (an entry with no devices) it made a difference?  Something to
test this evening after dinner.

Off to the beach again...

Have a good
System and Software Consulting
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb