velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Provencher, Samuel" <sprovenc...@telegea.com>
Subject RE: Newbee problems
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:45:21 GMT
This is a common error for people new to Velocity. You are required to set a
root that Velocity will initialize the engine with. Every other template you
target, must be in that directory or a subdirectory. You can then define the
files and subdirectories as part of the target file as such:

ex.
	Given this directory structure...
D:\

 |- mytemplate.vm
 |- myDirectory

         |- mySubDirTemplate.vm

Initializing the engine to "d:/", then allows you to merge the following
templates.

"mytemplate.vm"
"myDirectory/mySubDirTemplate.vm"

NOTE: While switching drive letters is currently not supported for target
files, on
UNIX systems, this is probably not much of an issue.