velocity-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>
Subject OFF TOPIC: Open Source Advocacy: USED TO BE: cvs commit: Introspector.java
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:48:18 GMT
Attila Szegedi wrote:

> I've read through it several times, and it looks OK to me. Bojan will also
> be happy as there is now one introspector per runtime instance, so dumping
> cache in one webapp won't negatively affect performance in others.

Let me first state the obvious: you guys are legends!

Now, you might not believe this, but this is the stuff that I talk with
my sales team about. In what other kind of environment could one discuss
the relevant issues of development in an open, friendly and rational
manner and be given this kind of support and VIP treatment? I'd say
people that are paying $$$ for support are sometimes not treated this
way.

So, if you are a reader that just bumped into this list by accident, be
warned: open source developers will listen to what you have to say! It
can be truly shocking - they'll give you advice and tips, they'll even
spend their own time to help you!

Bojan