velocity-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>
Subject Re: performance questions - faster Introspector
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 06:32:31 GMT
"Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:

> On 9/9/01 6:09 PM, "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gaspar@krankikom.de> wrote:
>
> > Attached is a little modification to Attila's great work on the
> > Introspector.
> >
> > I just gave it a little twist by keeping everything keyed by Class
> > instead of by class name. To do it was necessary to add an extra
> > map, but this one only gets to be used when there is a new class or
> > when a Class Loader got dumped.
>
> Note, for simplicity, we are going to knock out the 'by classloader' stuff
> and just dump the whole pile.

If Tomcat lib/apps installation of Velocity is used, then the
Introspector cache for all apps would be cleaned out since there would
be only one of those caches hanging around. In other words, if there are
many applications within one Tomcat, one has to be careful about
deployment of new classes as that might cause jerks on heavily loaded
servers.

Hmm, OK, promise to deploy only during the graveyard shift :-)

Bojan