velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Attila Szegedi" <szege...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: performance questions - faster Introspector
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:05:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bojan Smojver" <bojan@binarix.com>
To: <velocity-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: 2001. szeptember 10. 11:30
Subject: Re: performance questions - faster Introspector

> You know what they say - people do things because they're lazy. So do I.
> With number of virtual hosts/apps growing, I have to make sure everyone
> gets the updated Velocity jar. And being a lazy bastard I am... One
> solution is to symlink the thing, works well. Ant (my site build tool)
> doesn't like those much though when it copies files around, so I had to
> use platform specific hacks and that's ugly. I used to have multiple
> copies of Velocity around before, I just wanted to clean up the mess.

Incorporate copy tasks in your Ant script that will dispatch the latest
velocity.jar everywhere from a central position. Ant is ideal for lazy
people. After all, we're using it since we're lazy to manually invoke the
compiler, jar classes, copy them, test them, generate javadocs etc. every
time.

Attila.