velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Attila Szegedi" <szege...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: performance questions - faster Introspector
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:31:56 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bojan Smojver" <bojan@binarix.com>
To: <velocity-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: 2001. szeptember 10. 10:01
Subject: Re: performance questions - faster Introspector

> One other idea might be to not have static fields in the Introspector,
> but rather make them regular private class fields and then keep the
> logic simple since it would already be per classloader. But that would
> probably increase the overall memory usage of the cache since there
> could be duplicates of classes/methods in multiple instances of
> Introspector cache. I'm not really sure what I'm talking about here but
> what the heck...

Umm. From this point of view, it really makes no difference if the cache is
accessed through a static field, or through instance field of a singleton
(which is itself probably also referred by a static field). What REALLY
helps here is to have Velocity classes loaded through the same disposable
class loader used to load your classes - that is, have them in WEB-INF/lib
or WEB-INF/classes.

Attila.