velocity-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Velocity 1.0 beta 1 Released
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:10:46 GMT
> Joshua Levy wrote:
>
> Thanks very much for the first beta release of Velocity!  It
> looks great.  I don't know if this should go to velocity-user
> or velocity-dev, but here goes:

(No HTML mail :)

> The Apache on line bug db
> (http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi)
> doesn't know about Velocity, so you can't file bugs against it.

Ok.  For now, feel free to post anything you want to velocity-user.  We
watch that like hungry hawks.

> It would be nice to have the javadocs for Velocity available on line
> somewhere on the velocity web page.  (Maybe they are, but I could not
> find them.)

No, we didn't get them up - the are prebuilt and ready as part of the
distribution.

> Many (all?) of the text files in the Velocity distribution are "UNIX
> style".  They only have a newline character at the end of each line.
> This makes them hard to view on a PC.  (I think the fix for this is
> just to add a carrage return to each line, as these will be ignored
> by vi and emacs.  Or maybe the trick is to change the extension to
> ".asc", which will cause PCs to use WordPad as the viewer, instead of
> notepad, and WordPad does understand newline terminated lines.)
> The README file in the example directory, and the one in the
> context_example directory both have this problem.

Couln't you teach your PC to use WordPad for .txt?  Beats notepad.ext :)

I think in general we mostly are Unix users.  That might be a good idea
for the examples and README though.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               geirm@optonline.net