vcl-user mailing list archives

From Evelio Quiros <evq...@fiu.edu>
Subject Re: Ansible playbook to perform a automated install of 2.3
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 18:42:02 GMT

Hello group,

I may have mentioned this before, so bear with me.

I would like to deploy an unpatched Windows XP OS for a hacking class.
This is used as a target to launch several well-known exploits by students.

The problem is when I try to configure Cygwin, I get a failure in setting
the Windows Firewall.

That is because there is no Windows Firewall in this early version of XP.

Is there a known fix for this ? Can I 'safely' (relatively) comment out
the sections of the config file that deal with the Firewall ?

I know this is an unsafe system, but that's the point. We need this to
show students the importance of updating their OS and protecting
themselves from attack.

Any idea how I can capture this unpatched image ?

Thanks,
Al Quiros
Florida International University