vcl-user mailing list archives

From Evelio Quiros <evq...@fiu.edu>
Subject Shibboleth user group creation and managment
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:06:34 GMT
Hello All,

We just upgraded our 2.2.1 installation to 2.3.

Before update, students were able to login and be put into a
"shib-student" group.
VCL would have created the group on first login.
But after the upgrade, students can still login, but the VCL did not
create the shib-student group.

I added the group manually to the database as a federated group, but
student logins are not being put into it.

Staff can login using Shibboleth, and they are put into the shib-staff
group ok.

Did something change in the way VCL handles Shibboleth with the new
version ?
Did I forget to copy over a config from the old site ?

Thanks,
Al Q
FIU