vcl-user mailing list archives

From Andy Kurth <andy_ku...@ncsu.edu>
Subject Re: Production hardware
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 02:28:25 GMT
Hi Pablo,
I'm assuming you mean HS23.  We have a mix of new IBM HS23's, HS22, HS22v,
HS21, old HS20 blades, and a few specialized rack-mount servers in our
production environment.  We have also successfully tested an IBM PureFlex
chassis.  I know there are some other implementations using IBM iDataplex,
HP, and Dell blades/servers including non-blade rack-mount.

Most of our chassis are 1GB (some are 4x1Gb aggregated) but the newer
additions have 10Gb.  For these, we have a mix of 10Gbit BNT and Qlogic
virtual fabric modules.  The 10Gb blades have a mix of Emulex and Qlogic
interfaces.  I have also worked with organizations using 10Gbit Cisco Nexus
equipment.

VCL sits a layer or two above the underlying network and storage
infrastructure.  If you can find a way to get the components to talk to
each other and make the storage available to the servers/VM hosts via NFS,
iSCSI, etc... then I'm pretty confident it will work.

-Andy