vcl-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Chebotarov <dcheb...@gmu.edu>
Subject Re: DMZ zone and NAT for computers in VCL 2.2.1
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:57:30 GMT
Hi, Dan

Please take a look at network requirements for VCL -> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/Network+requirements

You need Private and Public networks. Public network needs Internet routable addresses b/c
VCL uses Public network to connect users directly to the allocated computers.
VCL retrieves Public IP address from computer during reservation process and end-user uses
IP to access reservation.

If your VCL system is going be accessed only from within your organization  (where users can
access 192.168.21.0/24, i.e. from LAN,WAN,VPN) then it would work.

You will need to make some code adjustments to trick VCL into thinking that 192.168.21.0/24
is Public network (in utils.pm:is_public_ip_address)

Depends on your real IP address range assigned to VCL you could also adjust the code to swap
first two octets of 192.168.21.0/24 into RE.AL.21/0/24. Or have a table to lookup and swap
IPs...

Thanks.

On Aug 31, 2012, at 12:39 , "Casa 40 B. de A." <casa40bda@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>
> In my organization we use a DMZ zone to public our machines with IPs like 192.168.21.XX
and we use NAT for access from Internet.

> We need our computers (virtual machines images) have an IP of our DMZ zone and apply
NAT for them.

--
Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
Phone: (703) 993-6175
Fax: (703) 993-3404