vcl-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Chebotarov <>
Subject Re: DMZ zone and NAT for computers in VCL 2.2.1
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:57:30 GMT
Hi, Dan

Please take a look at network requirements for VCL ->

You need Private and Public networks. Public network needs Internet routable addresses b/c
VCL uses Public network to connect users directly to the allocated computers.
VCL retrieves Public IP address from computer during reservation process and end-user uses
IP to access reservation.

If your VCL system is going be accessed only from within your organization  (where users can
access, i.e. from LAN,WAN,VPN) then it would work.

You will need to make some code adjustments to trick VCL into thinking that
is Public network (in

Depends on your real IP address range assigned to VCL you could also adjust the code to swap
first two octets of into RE.AL.21/0/24. Or have a table to lookup and swap

On Aug 31, 2012, at 12:39 , "Casa 40 B. de A." <> wrote:

> Hi Everyone
> In my organization we use a DMZ zone to public our machines with IPs like 192.168.21.XX
and we use NAT for access from Internet.
> We need our computers (virtual machines images) have an IP of our DMZ zone and apply
NAT for them.
> Is it possible to configure for VCL? How can we configure this?
> Thank you
> Kind regards
> Dan

Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
Phone: (703) 993-6175
Fax: (703) 993-3404

View raw message