vcl-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Chebotarov <dcheb...@gmu.edu>
Subject Re: Linux.pm useradd
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 19:02:07 GMT
Hi Yannick

I have had the same issue with Linux images and did the same - removed -u option from useradd
command in Linux.pm.
Everything works fine without this option.

I think having the same user id would be important if you need to match userid across multiple
Linux system (ie. using NFS mounted volumes, etc.).
But for a single Linux reservation it's OK to let system choose user id.

Another option would be to increment userid by 500 for userid less then 500. This is if you
need to have the same user id across multiple systems.

Thanks.

--
Dmitri Chebotarov
Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging