vcl-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Chebotarov <dcheb...@gmu.edu>
Subject Re: Linux image reload fail.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:38:20 GMT
Hi

If you look at /etc/rc.local on "failed" VM you will notice that sshd configs are created
based on IP addresses.
Most likely your VM is not getting IP address on either eth0 or eth1 and ListenAddress doesn't
have valid IP, which causes sshd_config or external_sshd_config to fail.

Run /etc/rc.local manually on failed reservation (connect via hypervisor's console) and see
if it creates correct config files and starts both SSHD services.
If running manually works fine, I would check if there is a delay in getting IP addresses
during reservation.

Thanks.

--
Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
Phone: (703) 993-6175
Fax: (703) 993-3404