vcl-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Chebotarov <dcheb...@gmu.edu>
Subject Re: New capture failed atttempting Windows post-load tasks
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 20:03:30 GMT
Hi Adam

Once you connect to Windows XP using VI client, can you start Cygwin SSH service manually
under Control Panel -> Services?

Thanks.
On Aug 2, 2012, at 15:34 , "Hechler, Adam" <hechla@rpi.edu> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> So after getting the new sshd-config file this morning, I configured it and all seemed
good. I then attempted to capture my base image. The capture itself completed successfully
but then I got an error that the reload process failed right after this:

> 2012-08-02 12:23:18|21124|124:124|reload|Windows.pm:post_load(583)|beginning Windows
post-load tasks on vmwg0-120-57

> After numerous attempts (about 107) to connect to SSH it finally failed reporting:
>
> 2012-08-02 12:38:35|21124|124:124|reload|Module.pm:code_loop_timeout(767)|waiting for
vmwg0-120-57 to respond to SSH, code did not return true after waiting 900 seconds

> Since it didn’t finish the post-load tasks I was still able to login as root to my
Windows XP image using the VI Client console. I opened Cygwin and typed ps –ef looking to
see if sshd was running but it’s not. The only processes running are ps, bash and mintty.
Should I be able to see if sshd is running using this method of checking. I know about ps
-ef from very limited unix interactions so I thought I’d try it.

> I know that in the past, when sshd didn’t start (before capturing into VCL) I would
have to open a cmd prompt and run the rebaseall but it looks like that cmd file gets deleted
during the capture? because it’s no longer in C:\cygwin\home\root which is where it used
to be. I was thinking I would just try to run that again.

--
Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
Phone: (703) 993-6175
Fax: (703) 993-3404