vcl-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Chebotarov <dcheb...@gmu.edu>
Subject Re: Updated cygwin-sshd-config.sh location
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 14:05:40 GMT
Hi

I'm getting 404 on the link as well and VCL dir is not under http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/
any more.

Looks like VCL dir was moved one level up to asf/, i.e. http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/vcl/

Thanks
On Aug 2, 2012, at 10:01 , Aaron Peeler <aaron_peeler@ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> You may be getting a cached version.
>
> Try to flush your cache or hit the shift key and hit reload
>
> Aaron
>
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Hechler, Adam <hechla@rpi.edu> wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>

> Thanks for the reply. I tried again and using the address as stated on the webpage I
still get a 404 Not Found.

> wget http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/trunk/managementnode/bin/cygwin-sshd-config.sh
>

> If you follow that path, once you get to http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ there’s
no vcl directory any more. There’s a trunk directory, but it’s empty.

> I tried again using the path I posted yesterday (see below) and it gets the file, but
after following the next two steps (setting the script to be executable and fixing the 1.7
issue)  I try to execute it with our password specified and I get the same three errors I
got yesterday.

> Adam

change in the code, which caused the previous script not to work quite right.

> Aaron
>

> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Hechler, Adam <hechla@rpi.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> I’ve been using this page as instruction for installing and configuring Cygwin on Windows
XP.

> https://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/install-configure-cygwin-sshd.html
>

> Under the configuration of Cygwin section, when I tried to wget cygwin-sshd-config.sh
I received some 404 not found errors. It was working a few weeks ago. Anyway, I was able to
find the file at:   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/vcl/trunk/managementnode/bin/cygwin-sshd-config.sh

> Now I’m wondering whether there’s a difference in the file because I’ve continued
to follow the steps (which I’ve done at least a dozen times before) and I’m getting the
following errors:

> ./cygwin-sshd-config.sh: line 5: !DOCTYPE: No such file or directory
>
> ./cygwin-sshd-config.sh: line 6: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
>
> ./cygwin-sshd-config.sh: line 6: `"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">'
>

> Forgive me, I’m not much of a coder.  Is there a problem with the file? Should a different
version been available at the original location?

> Thanks,
>
> Adam

> Adam Hechler
>
> Senior Analyst /PC Systems Administrator
>
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
>
> 275 Windsor Street
>
> Hartford, CT 06120 USA
>
> Ph: 860-548-2446
>
> Email: hechla@rpi.edu
>
> Web: http://www.ewp.rpi.edu
>
> <image001.jpg><image002.jpg> <image003.jpg>  <image004.png>
>

> --
> Aaron Peeler
> Program Manager
> Virtual Computing Lab
> NC State University
>
> All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are sent to or received
by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

> --
> Aaron Peeler
> Program Manager
> Virtual Computing Lab
> NC State University
>
> All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are sent to or received
by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

--
Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
Phone: (703) 993-6175
Fax: (703) 993-3404