vcl-user mailing list archives

From Josh Thompson <josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu>
Subject Re: Get RDP button in VCL 2.3
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 19:07:47 GMT

Dmitri,

That's a bug.  Instead of using "! usenls" to check for usenls being
defined, I should have used "typeof usenls === 'undefined'".  usenls is
defined in the the default theme's page.php file.  Anyone using a custom
theme that didn't copy any new changes from the default theme in 2.3
will see this problem.  usenls is used for allowing the selection of a
locale other than English.

You can either define the global javascript variable usenls in the
header part of your page.php file, or you can leave the two lines
commented out as you listed below.

Josh

On 08/17/12 14:50, Dmitri Chebotarov wrote:
> Josh
>
> I cleared the cash and made sure I was getting the correct version
> of request.js. The problem was with undefined var 'usenls' in
> code.js. I removed two lines referring to usenls:
>
> function _(str) { //      if(! usenls || ! (str in nlsmessages))
> return str; //      return nlsmessages[str]; }
>
> Is 'usenls' used somewhere else?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Aug 17, 2012, at 14:31 , Josh Thompson <josh_thompson@ncsu.edu>
> wrote:
>
> Dmitri,
>
> showRDPbutton from requests.js should be getting called to display
> the button.  The idea is that it should be delayed slightly
> because users that click it quickly will try to connect before the
> firewall rules are applied, keeping them from being able to
> connect.  You can change the delay amount by changing the value of
> timeInterval in that function.
>
> If this is an upgraded version of VCL, it is possible that your
> browser is caching the old version of requests.js, which will be
> missing the showRDPbutton function.
>
> You can use the firefox firebug extension to be able to view the
> actual javascript file being used on that page load.
>
> Let me know what you find.
>
> Josh

- --
Josh Thompson