vcl-user mailing list archives

From Josh Thompson <josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu>
Subject Re: Get RDP button in VCL 2.3
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 18:31:14 GMT

Dmitri,

showRDPbutton from requests.js should be getting called to display the
button.  The idea is that it should be delayed slightly because users
that click it quickly will try to connect before the firewall rules
are applied, keeping them from being able to connect.  You can change
the delay amount by changing the value of timeInterval in that function.

If this is an upgraded version of VCL, it is possible that your
browser is caching the old version of requests.js, which will be
missing the showRDPbutton function.

You can use the firefox firebug extension to be able to view the
actual javascript file being used on that page load.

Let me know what you find.

Josh

On 08/17/12 13:52, Dmitri Chebotarov wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to get 'Get RDP File' button visible for Windows
> reservations on VCL 2.3. I think VCL 2.3 is using dojo to generate
>  the button - I see it briefly when I visit reservation page and
> then it goes away. I can see FORM code for the button in the page
> source, but button is not visible on the page.
>
> I would appreciate any advise.
>
> -- Thank you,
>
> Dmitri Chebotarov Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent
> Servers & Messaging 223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5 Phone: (703)
> 993-6175 Fax: (703) 993-3404

- --
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer