vcl-user mailing list archives

From "Hechler, Adam" <>
Subject RE: Production image not accessible
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:50:25 GMT
Hi again,

I just wanted to follow up on this.  I didn't work on this project at all yesterday (Thursday
- the day after my email below). I was in the database looking at the image table when I noticed
that v1 of the image in question was in the list,an v0 was not listed. I thought that was
strange since I had all this trouble on Tuesday. I was able to create a normal reservation
for it and it worked just fine.

Now, we are rebooting our server every day (during this testing period) so could that have
"fixed" the issue I describe below?

From: Hechler, Adam []
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:29 AM
Subject: Production image not accessible

Hi everyone,

VCL 2.2.1 - VMWare Server 2 - Windows XP image.

I had a successful imaging reservation on the v0 image and installed some software, etc. Disconnected
and chose to end the reservation, Create Image and Update Existing Image. v1 was successfully
created.  I didn't do anything else that day (last Friday). Nothing done on Monday of this

On Tuesday morning (yesterday) I created a normal reservation for v1  and connected to it.
Something else came up so I walked away from my computer. Fortunately, I checked my email
at some point and see I had gotten an email that the reservation was going to end in 10 minutes.
When I got to my computer there was about 3 minutes remaining. So I disconnected from the
image, came back to Current Reservation screen and chose to end the reservation and Make this
the Production Image.  I received an email that the reservation had ended... no email about
making v1 the production image.  And... now I can't create any type of reservation for v1.
 Whenever I try, all I get is the time grid with all green blocks. Selecting a block just
takes me back to the select a time screen.

It looks like the automatic reservation end overwrote the make production process and "broke"
the image. Is there any way to fix this? I've gone into Edit Images and made v1 the production
image manually but that didn't help. I can still create a reservation for v0 of the image.

If it helps, the log is included from that period of time. My network administrator has asked
that I not include any specific IP addresses so I've replaced all of those with x'es.

View raw message