vcl-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Chebotarov <dcheb...@gmu.edu>
Subject Re: New capture failed atttempting Windows post-load tasks
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 20:34:41 GMT
Adam

Where you able to 'ssh -i /etc/vcl/vcl.key image-computer-name' before you captured the image?

Yes, it seems like a good idea to redo ssh config, run get-node-key.sh from management node
and re-capture the image.
You will have new image under Manage Images and can delete the old image which is not working.

Reboot the image before you start capture to make sure Cygwin SSH starts up.

Thanks

On Aug 2, 2012, at 16:18 , "Hechler, Adam" <hechla@rpi.edu> wrote:

> Hi Dmitri,
>
> I tried that and it's not working. I even went into Cygwin and tried to manually start
sshd from in there and it's giving me the following error messages:

> Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
> Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
> Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_ecdsa_key
> Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key
> sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.
>
> When I check in etc, there are files for the host keys but they're empty now.  When I
check the sshd log there's a bunch of entries showing that it matched host keys and then three
sets of "no host keys available" at the bottom of the log (presumably from my last three attempts
to start sshd beginning with the reload).

> Can I just run the cywin-sshd-config.sh again on the vm and then run the gen-node-key
again on the management node?  It's already been captured so I'm not sure if that would cause
havoc.