vcl-user mailing list archives

From Josh Thompson <josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu>
Subject Re: Shibboleth user group creation and managment
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 20:36:59 GMT

Al,

There were not many changes to the code related to Shibboleth. It sounds like
Shibboleth may not be passing the correct affiliation information for the
student user to the VCL web code.  You can create a file in vcl/shibauth named
shibdata.php with the following in it to see what is getting passed to the VCL
code by Shibboleth:

<?php
print "<pre>";
print_r($_SERVER);
print "</pre>";
}
?>

Then, open https://your.vcl.site/vcl/shibauth/shibdata.php with the
problematic user logged in to see if anything is set for [affiliation].  If
you do not, or the field is just an empty string, then VCL is not getting the
data from Shibboleth.

Josh

On Wednesday, August 01, 2012 5:06:34 PM Evelio Quiros wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We just upgraded our 2.2.1 installation to 2.3.
>
> Before update, students were able to login and be put into a
> "shib-student" group.
> VCL would have created the group on first login.
> But after the upgrade, students can still login, but the VCL did not
> create the shib-student group.
>
> I added the group manually to the database as a federated group, but
> student logins are not being put into it.
>
> Staff can login using Shibboleth, and they are put into the shib-staff
> group ok.
>
> Did something change in the way VCL handles Shibboleth with the new
> version ?
> Did I forget to copy over a config from the old site ?
>
> Thanks,
> Al Q
> FIU
- --