unomi-users mailing list archives

From Kevan Jahanshahi <jke...@apache.org>
Subject Unomi new implementation to handle profile lastVisit, firstVisit, previousVisit properties
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2021 13:20:01 GMT
Hello,

I would like to propose a better implementation for the profile properties: lastVisit, firstVisit
and previousVisit.

Here is the pull request: https://github.com/apache/unomi/pull/329
Details about the implem are available in the PR description.

It's addressing this Unomi tickets:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UNOMI-338
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UNOMI-482

Basically it better handle returning visitor and provide a better handling to respect the
events chronology. It also improve the handling in the system of events using date from the
past. I know that some peoples are already using such kind of events, so I want to make sure
it's suitable for them.

Do not hesitate to comment/review/question directly in the pull request thread.

Best regards,
Kevan.