unomi-users mailing list archives

From João Correia <joao.corr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javascript event help!
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2019 16:46:46 GMT
Hi Romain,

I can send a page view but I would like to send an event. On 3.4 it is
mentioned that the tracker is an integration of analytics.js. If you visit
https://segment.com/docs/connections/sources/catalog/libraries/website/javascript/
you
can see the track method, which unomiTracker also seems to have.

I just wanted to send an event not a pageview.

Im using Clearbit to enrich who is visiting, so when Clearbit finished I
would like to send an event with some properties just like it is done
through the curl -X POST http://localhost:8181/eventcollector \ but using
the unomiTracker.

I've worked with Segment before and this is how their tracker works. If you
go to their website console and type: analytics.track("MyCraZyEvent",
properties,) this will fire an event.

What am I missing here?

The track method lets you record any actions your users perform. You can see
a track example in the guide
<https://segment.com/docs/tutorials/quickstart-analytics.js#step-3-track-actions>
or
find details on the track method payload
<https://segment.com/docs/connections/spec/track>.

track method definition:

analytics.track(event, [properties], [options], [callback]);

3.4. WEB TRACKER

This extension is providing the web tracker to start collecting visitors
data on your website. The tracker is implemented as an integration of
analytics.js <https://github.com/segmentio/analytics.js> for Unomi.

curl -X POST http://localhost:8181/eventcollector \
-H "Content-Type: application/json" \
-d @- <<'EOF'