unomi-users mailing list archives

From Elie Auvray <eauv...@jahia.com>
Subject Apache Unomi - v1.4.0 announcement draft
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2019 16:01:18 GMT
Hello all,

Thanks to a massive amount of work, the 1.4 is out (yeah!) but not announced yet.

I worked on the release announcement in the following google doc (comments are activated):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wG6Q28UsRqHkx6anKbDixZrajZeAtxIf2nqXHMn8DxM <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wG6Q28UsRqHkx6anKbDixZrajZeAtxIf2nqXHMn8DxM>

Let me know what you are thinking about it and let’s publish it, let’s say, end of next
week if everybody agree.

Just in case, find below the text of the announcement.

Thanks for your help !

Elie

Subject : [ANNOUNCE] Apache Unomi 1.4.0 Release
Body:

The Apache Unomi team is proud to announce the release of Apache Unomi 1.4.0.

Apache Unomi™ is a Java Open Source customer data platform, a Java server designed to manage
customers, leads and visitors data and help personalize customer experiences while also offering
features to respect visitor privacy rules (such as GDPR). The project became an Apache top
level project in March, 2019.

More details regarding Apache Unomi can be found here:
http://unomi.apache.org/

The Apache Unomi team worked hard on this 1.4.0 release (first out of incubation!) and would
like to highlight the following updates besides a lot of bug fixes, improvements and documentation:
Container/Cloud deployments
Unified Apache Unomi configuration file that reads from environment variables for Docker deployment
compatibility
Dockerfile and Docker Compose project files have been added, official Apache Unomi Docker
image will be released soon
IP ranges and CIDR for IP address of privileged event sources (login, update profile) are
now supported
Event, rules, profiles management and tools
New Karaf Shell Commands to view events, sessions and profiles and more...
Endpoint to search in events has been added
Improve tooling for analyzing rule executions using Karaf Shell Commands
New patch system to improve modifying default definitions (rules, segments, …)
Data collection
Analytics.js integration, providing an out-of-the-box ready-to-use web tracker

Release notes are here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319220&
version=12338361

The release artifacts can be downloaded here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/unomi/1.4.0/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/unomi/1.4.0/>
All JIRAs completed for this release are tagged with 'FixVersion =
1.4.0'; the JIRA release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319220&version=12343150
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319220&version=12343150>
We would love to hear from you: join the Apache Unomi momentum
Apache Unomi slack channel: https://the-asf.slack.com/messages/CBP2Z98Q7/ <https://the-asf.slack.com/messages/CBP2Z98Q7/>
Thanks!
The Apache Unomi Team