unomi-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ghen <m...@mikeghen.com>
Subject Re: Rule Evaluation Problem
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:11:04 GMT
I think I may have figured out why this wasn't working after playing some
more.

First, I went to just and "exists" comparisonOperator to simplify that.
Then, I added a profileUpdatedEventCondition to my condition. These two
conditions work and my action occured.

Second thing, I realize the lessThan and greaterThan must work backward to
how I expected it.

For example, consider properties.annualIncome = 4800. I expected that this
condition would be true:

       {
          "parameterValues": {
            "propertyName": "properties.annualIncome",
            "comparisonOperator": "lessThan",
            "propertyValueInt": 12000
          },
          "type": "profilePropertyCondition"
        }

Really this must be: "12000 < properties.annualncomes == False"

When I switch to greaterThan, suddenly everything work: "12000 >
properties.annualIncomes == True"

So I had to do to things: 1) invert the comparisonOperator and 2) add a
subcondition for profileUpdatedEventCondition. Not sure why this worked but
it seems to work OK.