unomi-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ghen <m...@mikeghen.com>
Subject Re: Some articles talking about Unomi
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:05:11 GMT
Nice reads, thanks for putting it together!

Re: “Also, Unomi runs with Apache Karaf, an OSGi container that lets you
deploy new features, like rules, segments and actions with zero downtime.
(aka hot deployment)”

This is something I’d like to see some more documentation about as I
consider creating some custom actions (send SMS, alert to slack, publish
message to Kafka). I guess I’d have to dig around Karaf a little to find
this? I’m no Java expert, the idea of customization seems daunting.

Re: “It took me a couple of days of despair trying to find them in the
documentation, until I accepted I had to debug the actual Unomi
implementation and understand what they were doing inside the code.”

I share that sentiment, had to dig around the Github repo a lot to figure
things out about rules, conditions, actions. Probably better off for it
though I imagine other people might not be as persistent.

Thanks