unomi-users mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some articles talking about Unomi
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2018 19:54:03 GMT
Hello Otavio,

This is great stuff !

I am curious about the lacks in documentation you mention in the article.
Did you see the new manual that's now available on the site ? Could you
maybe suggest improvements that would have helped you ? Michael is also
working on a tutorial which I think would probably help onboard more people.

I do want to react to the performance and scalability. At Jahia we test
Unomi with data sets of over 5 million profiles and have target for 95%
response times below 100ms with a three node cluster. This is usually
achieveable with reasonable hardware provided the storage is using SSDs as
recommended by ElasticSearch.

If you'd like we could link to your articles from the website (in the
resources section for example ?)

Also in the hub of articles I see some upcoming ones. Are you aware that we
are working on a GraphQL version of the API ? There's a branch for it here
but I need to update it as soon as graphql-java-annotations has its next
release. It's not fully wired yet.

If you have questions for your upcoming articles please don't hesitate to
reach out. You can also email me directly if you like, but of course the
mailing list is a better place to make sure the community grows (as you've
clearly identified it should). Also we are currently in the process of
graduating to a top level project and I'm hoping we can do this by the end
of the year.

Regards,
  Serge...